Friday, November 11, 2011

Sleepover

So yesterday, Dee got a last-minute invitation to a slumber party for today.  This child has been to our house many-a-times, but Dee has stayed over at her house only once.  And that's the only time I've let her stay with anyone.  The ante was raised this time because the whole girl clique would be there.  But I said, "yes."  After school, we had to go buy a present.  Dee knew they were going to a movie, but she didn't know she was spending the night until I asked her if she was going to be OK.  She was excited.

I was looking through the stuff she packed and she found jeans that don't fit well but that still have pockets.  I cut the pockets out.  She came in while I was doing it, and said, "Really Mom?"  I just stared back.  She then just stood there looking down while snot ran out out her nose.

Then she said she didn't think it mattered because she was going to a friend's house and not school.  I stopped what I was doing and went to bed.  This morning we continued the discussion and Dee said she didn't know why I was so upset.  I told her it was because I was letting her go somewhere because I thought she was 10 and mature, but she doesn't even understand our home rules.  Very unpleasant morning.

However, she is going to the sleepover, and the dogs and I are having a party!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment