Sunday, November 6, 2011

A Little Better

It was hard for me to allow Dee to interact with me today.  She has just not been kind, and I'm pretty sick of it.  I felt I lectured her way too many times today, but I wanted her to really understand what the stakes were for her continued disrespect.

I explained to her that I had already bought her biggest Christmas gift.  But the next incident of disrespect at home, at school, or anywhere else would take Christmas away.  In our home, we technically give four gifts:  Me, Santa, and the two dogs.  Then there are gifts from family members and friends.  I told her I would one by one start telling people that she could not accept gifts this year.  From the biggest to the smallest.

I did explain to her that I really wanted her to have a great Christmas, and that's why I had already began shopping for her.  But....it's way more important that I have a respectful child. 

She doesn't know why she is being this way.  She suggested it is because people tell her "no."

Tonight she brought me a scrapbook she is making for me.  It is super thoughtful.  She said she was making it for Christmas.  I told her keep making it, I'd love it!!!

So, we start another week.  Let's hope my little girl finds her inner respectful self!

No comments:

Post a Comment