Thursday, November 3, 2011

GUILTY as Charged

Wednesday night at 10:30
I'm a little too tired to cover all that has happened in the past few days.  But I did want to cover some of it.  Dee binged on Halloween candy, as I anticipated.  But she turned downright mean.  I had mentioned to her that she got to keep her candy because of her improvement.  Well, I was wrong.  I was not pleased with her in the least yesterday or today.  She was belligerent, and defiant over everything.  It started because she realized I found something she had snuck to school.  It wasn't in her book bag or lunch bag.  She got up when I was walking out the door, but she had time to sneak something in her leggings or underwear.

Today I told her that I would be thoroughly checking, and she asked if that meant opening her pants.  So, of course, I said, "Yes."  And I thought, "Thanks for the hint."  That knowledge was followed by another tantrum.  She was definitely trying to go to a full-blown rage.  When it was over, it was over.  She was happy.

Thursday at lunchtime
I told you I was tired.  I had to got o sleep last night.

Well, I've been doing a body search for the past two days.  I think it is horrible to have to do.  It seems the more I do, the more creative she becomes.  We both hate this.

We had a birthday party for a friend last night, OK more like a birthday gathering.  The birthday girl was 48, the other three of us were in our early 50's and the birthday girl's mom was in her late 70s or early 80s.  Dee had invited everyone.  So when it was game time, she gave us a choice of:  Freeze Tag or Musical Chairs!

Back to the title of my post.  I explained to Dee about guilt.  How it feels.  How she reacts when she is guilty.  How unfair it is that she tries to make me pay for her guilty feeling.  Later that day when we were running around the for the party stuff, Dee was in the car reading the Bible.  I asked her why because I could tell it was a show thing.  She said she decided to read the Bible every time she felt guilty.

Later, at the party, she did something.  And someone said something about her feeling guilty.  She screamed..."Oh please no!  I don't have time to read the Bible!"  She is such a nut!!!!

1 comment:

  1. LOL... that last paragraph is so funny! Halloween was tragically bad for my two. I just sat back and waited for them to sneak a piece of candy so I would have a reason to get rid (aka eat it myself) of it all. Thankfully, they both got into it without permission on day one! WOOHOO!

    ReplyDelete