Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Leaving Town Soon

For the first time since Dee came home, I'm going to a conference for work.  It means for five days, she will need to stay with someone else.  My boss has been wanting me to go to this conference every year since the year she came. 

This year, I sent my 20-year old niece a ticket to fly here from Chicago to stay with her.  How hard is that?  I couldn't think of one person in my immediate area who could take care of her.  My choices were to fly her to Chicago and let her flitter from family member to family member, or to bring someone to us.  I chose the latter because it allowed me to keep her environment more controlled.

My niece who is coming does not share my moral standards, but she is pretty strict.  It was for her strictness that I chose her.

Dee is excited for another week of vacation of not going to day camp.  But last night, I changed my mind.  Dee behaves horribly when she does not have structure.  If she watches too much TV, she is disrespectful.  I decided to make sure my niece didn't have to fight with her, and Dee did not turn my niece in to 9-1-1, I should send her to day camp.

I didn't want to do day camp because I will be double paying.  I will pay my niece, and I will pay day camp.  I must do it.  My boss said she would reimburse the cost of the plane ticket.  That will be helpful.  She made me feel bad when she told me she told the Controller that the rules needed to be bent because my daughter was "special needs," and could not stay with just anyone.  I was aware that I must present my daughter better.

So, I have worked since last night to find someone to take her to day camp.  (My niece does not drive.)  My neighbors will take her each day and bring her back all but two days.  A friend will pick her up one day and take her to her dance class.  I will pick her up the other day because I will be on my way home from the airport.  I feel much better.  She and Requiyah will have only afternoon/evening hours to fill up.

So, I'm preparing for my niece.  Getting my three girls ready for my absence.  And thinking about packing for my trip.  It's very different preparing for this conference than it was B.D.  (Before Dee).

Just praying my dogs are loved, fed and walked, and my house is standing when I return!

No comments:

Post a Comment