Yesterday, my neighbors were over helping with some projects. I had the opportunity to see my daughter get "happy" and flirt continuously with the husband. She giggled non-stopped. Phony giggly, there's no other word for it.
I sent her to take a bath. She came down with short-shorts on, and her t-shirt tied in a "ponytail." I told her to go change. She tried to delay her exit by arguing. I said, "Change. Now." (When clothes are handed down, and she has shorts she loves but they do not meet my standards, I do tell her she can sleep in them. ) But she knew she was doing wrong coming down in those shorts with company.
When she came back, she had un-ponytailed the shirt and had on more appropriate pants. It was a detail I chose to watch for when I sent her upstairs. All I could do was roll my eyes, and know that this means we do have a problem with any man who happens to show her attention.
I pointed it out to my female neighbor, and she said, "He's a good guy." I know that. But the next man who is kind to her may not be a "good guy." And Little Girl...I am not even sure she is even aware of what she was doing. Yet...it was pretty obvious.
Sunday, July 29, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment