Saturday, July 21, 2012

Sleepover

Last night, Dee had a friend sleepover.  She has had many sleepovers, but this is the first time the kid hasn't had some special needs.  Having A here has been good to see.  Dee is thrilled.  If she could pick anyone in the world whose approval she would want, it's A.  A was the queen bee in fourth grade, but then she developed early like Dee.  Becoming a little unsure of herself made her lose her position in fifth grade.  She is still near the top of the elementary/middle school ranking.  Dee goes to the dance school A has gone to since she was toddler.  So, they have their things in common.

We rented a couple of movies.  They got to pick some junk food, and the hunkered down for movie night.  A invited me to watch, and Dee invited me not to.  I let them start the movie and then I went down.  In five minutes, I was asleep.  When I woke up, I came to bed.  The next time I woke up, they were also in bed.

It's been very pleasant.  Dee has been silly happy, but it's still pleasant.  My neighbor said it was good to see Dee so excited, and it made her miss being this age.

I'm sure A will come back again.  But it will be cool if Dee befriended more kids without drama-filled pasts.

On another note, on the way home Dee told me she was channeling her inner-Michelle,  (Her therapist), and has been counseling at day care.  One of the things she did was break up with a boy for a girl that didn't want to do it.  Of course, this boy started the summer off being Dee's boyfriend, and has moved methodically down the list of girls.  I told Dee it's every girl or boy responsibility to break up themselves.  If the boy can ask a girl to be his girlfriend, then the girl owes him to look at him in the eyes and break up.  A typical Dee response:  "Really, why didn't you ever tell me that?"

No comments:

Post a Comment