Sunday, October 9, 2011

Catching Up on the Week

It's been a rather easy week.  Our therapist had to cancel because she had a sick child.  I was so glad.  It meant I didn't have to drive an extra 65 miles this week.  I was pleased.  Dee was not as pleased.  She was upset when I picked her up even though I sent her teacher an e-mail to give her a message.  She thought it meant that we wouldn't have our McDonalds.  We stopped at McDonalds and she perked up.

The next day, I offered to take her to the movies, but she only wanted to hang out at home.  Saturday, she did the same thing.  Unfortunately, I forced her outside on Saturday, and then out on Sunday to the movies and to play. 

I do like that I can talk to her.  She is always self-psychoanalyzing.  She wondered if she was making some poor choices because she has her cell phone.  I think she is always looking for an excuse.  I told her that it was too bad because I wanted her to have good, and I had to teach her how to have good things like TV, and phones without her becoming obsessed with them. 

Yesterday we didn't give her her afternoon pill until 2 hours late, and then she woke up at 3 or 4 am and was cleaning her room.  I let her, and she did fine today.  Today, we skipped the pill on purpose so that she could actually rest.

We went to dessert at a neighbor's house.  I don't like to do that kind of stuff, but it's so Dee.  We both had a great time.  We are actually both extroverts once around other people.

We saw the movie, Dolphin Tail, and she loved it.  She was so excited and experiencing the right emotions, it was nice.

Let's hope for another nice week.  We have therapy this week, and then we are off for a couple of weeks.  Our therapist has offered to travel closer to us once my company moves.  That will be helpful!

She is struggling with where she fits with her birth mom and me.  She will struggle with this concept her entire life I think.

No comments:

Post a Comment