Thursday, October 13, 2011

The Consequences of Consequences

After the meltdown on Monday, I went to Dee's room on Tuesday night and asked her if she wanted to talk about consequences.  She said she was just thinking about asking about them.  I asked her if she wanted me to start with the hardest or easiest.  She chose harder.  First, I made her list all of the things she did wrong.  She mentioned throwing, yelling, saying bad words, pinching, attitude.  So here are her consequences:

1.  No cell phone until Friday after school.
2.  No TV all week.  On the weekends, she could have 1 hour on each Saturday and Sunday.
3.  No DVD - same rules as TV.
4.  No Nintendo DS.

She asked if that was all, and said she was wanting more.  She was trying to be control, but I complied :

1.  Must walk the dogs alone once a day to make up for scaring them.
2.  Clean out the fridge.

Since then, she has been fun and happy.  She made dinner for me last night.  It's something to do when you don't have electronics!

Tonight, we played a game on the computer together.

No comments:

Post a Comment