In order to help Dee to not sneak, I bought her a see-through book bag and a see-through lunch bag. Yet...I check the bags before school and after school each day. It's my hope that she resist the urge to sneak or steal if she knows I'm checking. Then after a while, it would hopefully become a habit to stop and think about taking something or sneaking something.
Of course, I thought we were making progress. But the after-school check, I found a card that folds into a poster she got for her 9th birthday. I asked her how that got to school. She told me she took it. We went a couple of rounds, when she said she hid it in her boots that she was wearing. Arrggg.
I told her if I need to frisk her I would. I was so disappointed.
OK...I know at this point my tolerance was low, and then Dee had her 5th grade musical today. And that girl has the attention of a gnat! She was talking and pointing and joking during the show. Every so often she would sing.
Her teacher told me today that she found that she can quietly sit down for hours and do nothing. I told her I didn't think she understood the depth of her learning disabilities. She agreed. I think she is willing to help her though.
I asked her for a consequence for sneaking. She said TV, which is what I also was thinking. It's a one-day consequence, but TV on a Friday is a big deal!
Thursday, October 20, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment