So today was the big cheer day! We managed to leave with a little rushing. I left my cell phone -- that is not a good thing. But we stopped at a park and took pictures, bought some hair spray and got gas. The traffic to the stadium was unbelievable. We got there on time for the cheer check-in, but after kick-off.
Dee was acting up a little when I dropped her off. She didn't want to take a picture. It was just a control thing. I walked away without saying good-bye.
The performance was nice. She did really well! She thought she was cute and felt the crowd was there to see her. Had a bit of trouble taming her ego. We stopped on the way home and did a few photos by one of the fountains. She wanted to go to the movies. I thought it was a good idea, to let it be all fun today.
But as we got nearer to home, she decided she just wanted to just stay home and be lazy. She did have a bit of an attitude, so that was not acceptable.
I think this cheerleader thing was very positive. The young ladies are good positive role models. Most have very professional careers: teachers, programmers, etc. Dee gained some confidence. Overall, it was good. If she wants to do it next year, I will let her.
Sunday, October 2, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment