My little girl is having problems with her hormones. She is an emotional wreck! We have talked about the fact that just because you feel like crying doesn't mean you have to cry. When she isn't crying, she is using the nasty attitude. She is getting so skilled, she can use it verbally or silently.
On Friday, they had their Halloween party at school. She told me she was emotional. A mom called to tell me that Dee was crying because someone busted her balloon. Dee and the other mom both thought it was cry-worthy at the time. By the time Dee told me, she realized it was nothing. The next day she wanted to go swimming with a new friend. The friend's family had other plans. Her old friend who never invites her over, and always wants to come to our house, invited herself again. Dee begged, but I said no. So Dee was disappointed.
As we drove, she wrote me a note asking if we could go to the movies. I said yes because how many times can you say no? We go to the movies, get expensive treats, and suddenly - Attitude City. I was not pleased! I told her she was not going to ruin it for me, and I moved one seat away.
This morning, I left her at school. She said "Yesterday when you left, I was sad." I asked her why, and she said because she didn't want to go to school. Then she just started to bawl! I'm sorry, I couldn't help it...I was laughing behind her back.
Puberty is not being kind to her. I do not look forward to the teen years!
Tuesday, October 25, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
You should go look into some of those American Girl books they sell at Barnes and Noble. They seem to have helped MK a lot in the emotional sense. I think reading that it is normal, is better than us awful moms telling them it's normal. MK likes this one the most: http://store.americangirl.com/agshop/html/item/id/165210/uid/137
ReplyDeleteand this one as well has been a great conversation starter... http://store.americangirl.com/agshop/html/item/id/164910/uid/138
Then this too... http://store.americangirl.com/agshop/html/item/id/165179/uid/138
They have a ton, and I've found them very well written... they take into account blended families/single parents... and they are written to a level that even MK at 7 can understand and put to use.
Thanks Quacken! We have the Care and Keeping of You and the Friendship Book. I think she will love the other two. She knows it is normal because a lot of her friends are going through the same thing. But it'll be interesting for her to see how much. Tonight she and I were talking. She knows hormones make you weepy, but she was surprised to know it makes you angry. I'll get those.
ReplyDelete