Monday, October 17, 2011

Please God, Help Me on My Test

For a week, Dee's teacher has been sending a note in her daily e-mail that the children would bring their notes home to prepare for their test on US Regions.  I waited and waited for Dee to bring home her note.  Nothing.  Finally, on Friday, I said, "Dee, your teacher said you would bring notes home to study for your test.  I'm not going to write to her.  It's not her responsibility.  It's your responsibility.  Bring the notes home."  Of course, nothing.  She said when she got in the car, "I asked the teacher.  She said you should know.  So, I don't have it."  I told her that was too bad since it was her responsibility to make sure it came home.

There was no school today.  So the test is tomorrow.  In her night-time prayer, Dee asked God to help her on her test.  I  had to let her know that God does not help you when you don't do your part.  I let her know I had did some research on Regions, but I chose to follow her lead.  She didn't seem concern, so we'll see how it goes.  She is angry!  She is doing her crazy talk!  Not happy at all.  She has never cared about failing a test before.  She cares now because this year, a bad grade comes with consequences.  She has learning disabilities so I don't consequence her on bad grades.  But failure to try...oh yeah....consequences.  So she cares.  Maybe 5th grade and subsequent years will pick up for her after this.

If she has learned anything, I hope God does help her.  I hope her teacher is watching her for cheating, because she will try.  The grades are 0 - 4.  A 3 is acceptable.  She will be fine if she gets 2.0 or 2.5.  (That's her norm.)  But I foresee her getting a 0.5 - 1.5.  Oh well!

No comments:

Post a Comment