The dance/gymnastics school Dee attends had parent observation this week. Watching her in her tumbling class was super painful. She didn't try anything! She pretended to try. She would just make a big production and do nothing! The other girls would cheer her, and she'd respond playfully, and then nothing. It went on like that for 45 minutes. I even saw her pretend to not be able to do the warmup exercise. I truly wanted to leave. But I stayed and pretended it was OK. After the class I told the teacher she didn't even try. The teacher said she likes to use positive reinforcement, but she wasn't able to find Dee doing anything right yesterday to do that. She even added "Do the thing you are best at." to the end of class. Dee did nothing. Next week, she said she and Dee were going to pick just one thing for her to work on.
Tonight was dance. You can imagine how unexcited I was to watch her in THREE dance classes after last night. But a pleasant surprise. She did well in each one. I think she did best at ballet, but she likes hip hop best. I was just glad she was learning something somewhere in the building!
I came home to a bunch of urine in the hallway. It makes me worry about Roxy. I'm not sure who did it, but it is more than either dog. I think Rox will have to have surgery...probably next week.
Tuesday, October 4, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment